[MS]Clan | Forum
Welcome to [MS]Clan | Forum

Please Login or Register

I cannot host.

Go down

I cannot host.

Post by davidjustinkirk on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:10 pm

When I try to host a game... yes I have the crack. Rolling Eyes

It shows up in the lobby but they cannot join... so I turn off my firewall...doesn't work... I even tried opening ports... didn't work.

I don't have a router...

Note: When my firewall is ON it just attempts 5 times and times out... when my firewall is OFF it connects but says Invalid Serial Key...

I was on the phone with my friend when he was trying to connect to my server so thats how I know.






Computer Specs:My Computer Information - General

Please wait while information is being collected... lol




100% (collecting Local Disk information)

Refresh screen
Specifications
Gateway
System Model: GT5228
BIOS Version: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG


Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600
Service Pack: 3.0
Location: C:\WINDOWS
PID:
Hot Fix: XpsEPSC


Memory (RAM)
Capacity: 2 GB


Processor
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
Version: x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Speed: 2210 MHz


General Computer Info
System Name: HOME-8721Cxxxxxxx Not showing you my SYSTEM NAME.
Domain: WORKGROUP
Time Zone: Central Daylight Time
Connection: Workstation (standalone)
Proxy Server: None
IP Address: 75.64.14.XXXXXXXXXXXX Not showing you my ip
IPX Address: Not Enabled


Local Disk
Total Capacity: 229.67 GB
Sum of Hard Disks: (C: )
Used: 35.92 GB

Free: 193.75 GB



Please any Help will Help.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE [MS]CLAN


Last edited by davidjustinkirk on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

davidjustinkirk
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-08-11
Location : United States Of America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by Groulien on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:01 am

I can't host either.
I am using a router but all other pc's on it allow people to join.
I turned off all my security, firewall, anti-virus, windows defender, still something wrong.
I even tried setting up a Dedicated server (1.08) and tried to connect to it (non-crack).
Can't even connect to my own DS which is on the same PC, it is anti localhost Sad .

I believe we have the same problem.

_________________
avatar
Groulien
Admin
Admin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2008-07-31
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by davidjustinkirk on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:52 pm

I've looked all over the internet and I can't seem to find a solution. Forums, Microsoft, everywhere!!!

davidjustinkirk
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-08-11
Location : United States Of America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by Molar on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:26 am

My cousin has the same problem, I tried joining a server he was hosting and it says, "Negotiating with server. Connecting with server. Connecting with server (1). Connecting with server (2)." And so on.

I thought his firewall was the problem, guess not. Hoping someone could figure out our problem. Dx
avatar
Molar
Member
Member

Posts : 49
Join date : 2008-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by [MS]Admin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:31 am

So if you're hosting the server while running the game (in-game hosting), then the port range to make sure you have forwarded to your computer from your router are 2302 to 2303. If you want to use different ports, you can set which to use in Halo under Settings > Network Setup.

Start Halo > Multiplayer > Create Game: Internet > Map & Game variant etc.. > Then you have the screen that tells you the details about the server. In the IP Address box it should read ip address:port#.

This is your local IP Address (ex. 192.168.0.2) that you should have 2302 and 2303 forwarded to under your router's port-forwarding configuration.

Once you got that squared away, make sure Windows Firewall isn't blocking traffic. Open up Windows Firewall from the Control Panel and select the Exceptions tab. Click 'Add Program' and select Halo. It should already be added and you'll get an error saying it's already added. Good. Now click 'Add Port'. Enter 'Halo PC' for name and 2302 for port number and select TCP, then hit OK.

Once all this is done, write down your IP Address: http://whatismyip.com/ and send it to your friends so they can join your non-dedicated server.



try do this. i hope this help.

_________________


[MS]Clan

Surrender or Die
avatar
[MS]Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 91
Join date : 2008-07-31

View user profile http://msclan.ultimarpg.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by harold on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:19 am

But he already opened the ports..
Also, I'm surprised that Halo doesn't use UPnP/NAT-PMP to forward the ports itself

harold
Member
Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-31
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by davidjustinkirk on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:43 pm

[MS]Admin wrote:
So if you're hosting the server while running the game (in-game hosting), then the port range to make sure you have forwarded to your computer from your router are 2302 to 2303. If you want to use different ports, you can set which to use in Halo under Settings > Network Setup.

Start Halo > Multiplayer > Create Game: Internet > Map & Game variant etc.. > Then you have the screen that tells you the details about the server. In the IP Address box it should read ip address:port#.

This is your local IP Address (ex. 192.168.0.2) that you should have 2302 and 2303 forwarded to under your router's port-forwarding configuration.

Once you got that squared away, make sure Windows Firewall isn't blocking traffic. Open up Windows Firewall from the Control Panel and select the Exceptions tab. Click 'Add Program' and select Halo. It should already be added and you'll get an error saying it's already added. Good. Now click 'Add Port'. Enter 'Halo PC' for name and 2302 for port number and select TCP, then hit OK.

Once all this is done, write down your IP Address: http://whatismyip.com/ and send it to your friends so they can join your non-dedicated server.



try do this. i hope this help.


Nope but thanks anyways [MS]Admin.

_________________
PROUD MEMBER OF THE [MS] CLAN


davidjustinkirk
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-08-11
Location : United States Of America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by harold on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:36 pm

Forwarding those 2 ports worked for me

harold
Member
Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-31
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by davidjustinkirk on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:55 pm

No, I don't have a router...if thats what you mean...I don't have one. Please read again.

_________________
PROUD MEMBER OF THE [MS] CLAN


davidjustinkirk
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-08-11
Location : United States Of America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by harold on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Oh sorry I didn't mean it should help you
I just noted it worked for me

harold
Member
Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2008-07-31
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by davidjustinkirk on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:33 pm

harold wrote:Oh sorry I didn't mean it should help you
I just noted it worked for me

I wasn't talking to you Harold...I was referring to the helpful directions of the admin.

_________________
PROUD MEMBER OF THE [MS] CLAN


davidjustinkirk
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-08-11
Location : United States Of America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by coolmag69 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:24 am

yes i had the problem whet the cd-key my cd-key was all 0 (0000-0000-0000-0000-0000) and it worked but then 1 day it didint so i fond a noter cd-key from the internet and it did work try it my help...
avatar
coolmag69
Member
Member

Posts : 25
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 27
Location : bat-yam israel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by coolmag69 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:48 pm

davidjustinkirk wrote:When I try to host a game... yes I have the crack. Rolling Eyes

It shows up in the lobby but they cannot join... so I turn off my firewall...doesn't work... I even tried opening ports... didn't work.

I don't have a router...

Note: When my firewall is ON it just attempts 5 times and times out... when my firewall is OFF it connects but says Invalid Serial Key...

I was on the phone with my friend when he was trying to connect to my server so thats how I know.






Computer Specs:My Computer Information - General

Please wait while information is being collected... lol




100% (collecting Local Disk information)

Refresh screen
Specifications
Gateway
System Model: GT5228
BIOS Version: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG


Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600
Service Pack: 3.0
Location: C:\WINDOWS
PID:
Hot Fix: XpsEPSC


Memory (RAM)
Capacity: 2 GB


Processor
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
Version: x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Speed: 2210 MHz


General Computer Info
System Name: HOME-8721Cxxxxxxx Not showing you my SYSTEM NAME.
Domain: WORKGROUP
Time Zone: Central Daylight Time
Connection: Workstation (standalone)
Proxy Server: None
IP Address: 75.64.14.XXXXXXXXXXXX Not showing you my ip
IPX Address: Not Enabled


Local Disk
Total Capacity: 229.67 GB
Sum of Hard Disks: (C: )
Used: 35.92 GB

Free: 193.75 GB



Please any Help will Help.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE [MS]CLAN

well i think i can host but i dont know when...
avatar
coolmag69
Member
Member

Posts : 25
Join date : 2008-11-11
Age : 27
Location : bat-yam israel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I cannot host.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum