[MS]Clan | Forum
Welcome to [MS]Clan | Forum

Please Login or Register

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[MS]Clan | Forum
Welcome to [MS]Clan | Forum

Please Login or Register
[MS]Clan | Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's want become a server host of [MS]Clan ???

5 posters

Go down

Who's want become a server host of [MS]Clan ??? Empty Who's want become a server host of [MS]Clan ???

Post by [MS]Admin Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:59 am

if you want create a server for [MS]Clan but you controll it, post here.

thanks all
[MS]Admin
[MS]Admin
Admin
Admin

http://msclan.ultimarpg.net

Back to top Go down

Who's want become a server host of [MS]Clan ??? Empty Re: Who's want become a server host of [MS]Clan ???

Post by davidjustinkirk Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 pm

to bad I can't host... look at my post on the support section/

davidjustinkirk

Back to top Go down

Who's want become a server host of [MS]Clan ??? Empty Re: Who's want become a server host of [MS]Clan ???

Post by harold Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:46 pm

I can host sometimes (sadly I can not make a 24/7 host)
Will do when there is no other [MS] server and there is need for one

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjustinkirk Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:00 am

long time no see harold

davidjustinkirk

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:09 pm

I've been hosting for a couple of hours now and it's going great, only 3 or 4 people reported lag during that time - with 16 players!
So I'm sure I will host for [MS] again Very Happy

But I haven't seen the official [MS] hosts for a while - are they still there?

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by [MS]Admin Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:50 am

well, no because i donīt have time to administrate the clan
[MS]Admin
[MS]Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:34 am

I see, that explains it then
Should we still recruit, btw?

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Xmachina Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:52 am

Sadly i too cant host, much as id like to. i have tried everything and i just cant do it argh!!! stupid router! i just cant forward the ports. tut!
Xmachina
Xmachina

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:05 am

Try here: http://portforward.com/
If your router hates you but still respects UPnP forwarding, those forwarding programs might do the trick for you (be careful though, UPnP forwarding rules tend to go to the bit bucket after some time, say 60 minutes)
If you don't trust these programs and you're a programmer you could even write one yourself - it's not as hard as it may seem. (I even wrote an article about it on codeproject..)

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Xmachina Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:46 am

Yes i have been to Portforward.

I have followed all instructions there and everything goes as it should, trouble is,w hen it comes to the crunch i.e. Halo nobody ever joins... ever. Crying or Very sad

I absolutely hate when i am in the mood for good battle and there isnt any decent servers to play on... argh!!

I do like the sound of these programs though, and as im no programmer, ill take a look at whats available, as you are in the know Harold some name suggestions?

Right now i see you playing in Lorenz's server he is decent player with reasonable ping, its full i wait bounce
Xmachina
Xmachina

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:29 am

This may help
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/PortForward.aspx
If you have problems with it I could write you a program, but I can't guarantee that'll work either (some routers are really picky when it comes the "well-formedness" of forwarding requests..)

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Xmachina Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:25 pm

Hey Harold ive had a go with the program you said. it looks simple enough but still im not confident in what im doing... i havent had much sucess,, maybe these screen shots will mean more to you than me?

The loopback test returns ok and the web server starts. But the full internet test is a no-no. is it something to do with the internal and external port numbers being the same or should they be? It said in the help : For proper UPnP functionality, the firewall must be configured to allow communication over both TCP port 2869 and UDP port 1900.... i opened these on those scopes.
as i say im not exactly sure what im doing....

Last edited by Xmachina on Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xmachina
Xmachina

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:04 pm

* There are several IP addresses there - are they all from the same computer?
* You might want to assign your PC a static IP address, then normal forwarding would work too
* UPnP worked
* looks like you correctly forwarded the ports
* that test tested a port that was Not forwarded, so it's only normal that it fails
* external and internal ports should usually be the same unless you want to do odd things (I never needed to make them different)
* the second rule is not about to do anything (Halo does not upload with FTP, and such forwarding is not needed for downloading)

But also
* Those pictures give away a bit much info.. better remove them before someone finds them?
* BitComet is a leecher client..

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Xmachina Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Pics removed from post, though i guess the are still on server, how do i remove them from there? i used the reply function here to host them...

Ok,

Several IPs... hum well i am on a network of 3 computers, also could VMware be registering my other OS's as separate entities? They show up in device manager/Network adapters.

Yes the static address i forgot about that, i did that before but undid it when i still couldnt host.

Ok well i how do i forward the port for testing? i opened it in the firewall thinking that was enough... Does this program forward halo ports to a single port? or something?

SO i dont use UDP? just TCP? i Dont know the difference.

I understand that Bitcomet isnt the best client to use and that there is tracker issues with some sites, but having tried other popular client's i find it suits me. While uTorrent is very light so too are its features, Vuse (Azureus) is visually great and packed with features.
I find i simply cant do without Bitcomets Firefox integraton. for downloading content etc...

Maybe from what ive said it shows the whole port saga ages me...
Xmachina
Xmachina

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Both UDP and TCP have to be forwarded for Halo (you can change the portnumber in your multiplayer settings if you want - only useful if you want more than 1 Halo server on your network though)

The several IP's don't really matter, as long as you choose the right one (with UPnP forwarding this should happen automatically)

A static IP + manual forwarding is still the best option..

I think it's odd that your BitComet rule does not point to the same IP as the Halo rules - does that mean you don't use them on the same computer?

The pictures are not linked to - so how would anyone find them? (it is possible, but a million times as hard)

The difference between TCP and UDP.. well, that's hard to explain really, they don't have much in common. You could read up on them on wikipedia.. but they're really a huge subject (and only useful if you're going to be a programmer, really)

But the most important question... Does it work yet?

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Xmachina Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:35 pm

No Halo and Bitcomet are on same computer.... ill look at this again and see. what would this mean? at a simple guess? or should i worry. this is a 3 week old fresh install and ive paid a lot of attention to make sure everythings in order an goes smooth.... i had a disaster last time.

Yes i thought that bout pics, i wont worry too much.

Yes TCP/UDP. the whole area is misty to me...

Tell you what, 2moro ill start again from scratch..

something is coming back to me now about name servers and that i had to make sure i get the right one. i remember calling I.S.P. to be told that how could i possibly need this info in order to host games. Basically a guy who wasnt interested in my problem.

Yes tomorrow ill give it a bash again.... fingers crossed.
Xmachina
Xmachina

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Maybe BitComet put that forwarding rule there a while ago when you had a different IP (better hope that, if that isn't the case something has gone wrong)

Hope it all works out

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Xmachina Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:00 pm

hmm. maybe a reinstall of Bitcomet will help? i shouldnt lose my torrents i dont think.
Xmachina
Xmachina

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:31 pm

I doubt it.. but if you think it's worth a try

Your server was visible, but not reachable

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Xmachina Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:59 am

The strangest thing.....

So i had an idea.

After making damn sure that ive set up my static adress and that my ports are properly forwarded. I decided that maybe if i installed Halo on another OS (XP) using VMWare i would be able to test my servers.

So i did it, installed halo, searched for servers, and there it was but down at the bottom(when you sort server by ping in halo) without ping, now i know that its possible to join a server with no ping as ive done it many times, in fact thats where [MS] server does be.

Anyway it turns out that i can in fact join my own game and play with myself. lol! and the strangest thing is that when i join my own server im (through XP) im givin random player names, not default New001. Names like Whicker,Caboose,killer,MJ........ Now that is wierd.

Harold? waddayatink of that 1!
Xmachina
Xmachina

Back to top Go down

Post by harold Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:04 am

That with the names is very strange..
But that you can connect to yourself is not so strange, as the VM is on the same LAN etc, so you can't reliably test connectivity with it

harold

Back to top Go down

Post by [MS]Admin Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:58 am

If you have a router and you can't host a server, simply disconnect the internet cable from the router and connect it directly in computer. It works for me
[MS]Admin
[MS]Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmag69 Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 pm

well i can host... but... Suspect i cant host 24/7 i can only host half a day caz i have school Mad and if i will do a server i will tell the time and some times i will have to go AFK pig i am am busy and busy like a bee if you know what i mean... so if i whant to go AFK pig i will need some hacking programs and stuff Suspect well thats all lol!
coolmag69
coolmag69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down